Founded in 1994, Immigration Equality is the nation’s leading LGBT immigration rights organization. Every day, we fight for those fleeing persecution due to their sexual orientation, gender identity or HIV status. We reunite immigrant families, make sure those living with HIV have access to the resources they need, and work to make lasting changes to our broken immigration system.
We have won legal immigration status for more than 850 immigrants to date while maintaining a remarkable 99% success rate.
We are seeking a videography intern to work 15-20 hours per week for a commitment of at least three months at our National Headquarters in NYC.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the Communications team to develop, shoot, and produce client stories and videos of varying length
- Brainstorming possible video campaigns
- Editing clips for use in social media and email campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate must:
- Be experienced with video-editing software such as Final Cut and Microsoft Office
- Possess strong communication, organization, and computer skills
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality
- Show a commitment to winning social justice for LGBT and HIV-affected immigrants
- Bilingual abilities desirable but not mandatory
Internships are open to undergraduate, graduate, and law students. All internship applications must include a resume and a cover letter describing your availability and your interest in our organization. Internships are available for school credit only.
Please send resume, cover letter, sample video clips and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.