Friend, it has been quite a year! Here are ten highlights from our work in 2014:
We kept on winning cases and saving lives.
1) Maintained our 98% win rate.
2) Answered over 4,000 calls for help and legal advice from around the world.
We helped more LGBT immigrants than ever before.
3) Took on nearly 50% more cases than in 2013, serving nearly 500 clients.
4) Grew our Pro Bono Network to 78 law firms and 108 offices.
5) Sued the government on behalf of more than 60 clients who have waited for their cases to be heard for far too long.
We made sure our clients’ voices and stories were heard everywhere.
6) Visited NPR’s studios with seven clients to record their stories of survival and resilience for StoryCorps and the Library of Congress.
7) Sent our Legal Director, Aaron Morris, to Russia to speak about LGBT rights.
We pushed for LGBT-inclusive immigration policy.
8) Gave our recommendations for an LGBT-inclusive administrative relief package to the White House.
9) Sent hundreds of postcards to President Obama pushing for LGBT-inclusive immigration relief.
10) Held a press conference in front of the White House, and then stood side by side with five former Immigration Equality clients as they told their stories in the halls of Congress.
We are so grateful to you for making this life-saving work possible. Give a tax-deductible donation before the new year begins, so that we can serve even more vulnerable LGBT immigrants in 2015.
Executive Director, Immigration Equality