As you know, Donald J. Trump will be sworn into office tomorrow. The Administration he is building will create some of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced. But take heart. Immigration Equality was created to stand up against those who target the LGBTQ community, who discriminate against people living with HIV, and who endanger immigrants and their families. And, we have been winning this fight for more than 20 years.
Support us with a donation today!
Over the next four years, we are committed to:
- Representing hundreds of LGBTQ and HIV-positive immigrants at the asylum office and in court
- Answering the thousands of requests for help we receive each year
- Pursuing impact litigation to protect our community and to protect the legal system
- Engaging Members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to pass sensible legislation – and to block any bills that would hurt LGBTQ or HIV-positive immigrants
- Reminding the public about how much immigrants contribute to America and
- Creating tools like our recent FAQ about the incoming Trump Administration, to ensure that you have the information you need to protect yourselves and your loved ones.
We cannot continue to do business as usual. Throughout this Administration, we will also be asking you to take action. I hope you will stand with us in the days to come.
Aaron C. Morris,
Executive Director, Immigration Equality