Everything listed below must be submitted in triplicate — one original plus two full copies.
- Cover letter to Regional Service Center which includes a list of all attached documents
- Completed I-589 — be sure every box is filled in and the form is signed, include a passport style photo
- Complete copy of applicant’s passport (if the applicant has one) – you must photocopy every page even blank ones
- Completed G-28 (Notice of Appearance Form) – print on blue paper
- Completed Declaration (this should be notarized)
- Indexed documentation specific to the applicant’s case (medical records, police reports, letters etc.); and
- Indexed country conditions documentation.
This Manual is intended to provide information to attorneys and accredited representatives. It is not intended as legal advice. Asylum seekers should speak with qualified attorneys before applying.