Immigration Equality and the Immigration Equality Action Fund seek a dynamic, passionate person to join our development team. We are proud to be the national leaders in the field we pioneered: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and HIV immigration rights. We helped end the HIV travel ban, led the successful fight to secure green cards for LGBTQ families, and have directly represented more than 1,200 LGBTQ asylum seekers.
Founded in 1994, Immigration Equality has a dual focus of direct representation and impact work. We take calls every day from clients who need help right now and we work to change the systems that have lasting impact on how LGBTQ and HIV-positive immigrants are treated. We work with LGBTQ and HIV-positive asylum seekers, detained individuals, and binational couples, answering more than 3,500 hotline calls and representing more than 600 individual litigants each year. We also engage in impact litigation to protect the interests of our community. Finally, through our Action Fund, we lobby local, state, and federal policymakers to pass progressive legislation consistent with our mission goals.
Today, we rededicate ourselves to empowering and protecting one of the most vibrant, resilient, and diverse communities in the world. In nearly 80 countries, it is still a crime to be LGBTQ. In many more, it is fundamentally unsafe. At the same time, we are fighting with vicious resolve against an administration that seeks to roll back protections it took decades to obtain. We are proud to do life-saving work.
Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
Immigration Equality is searching for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual, eager to take on an unparalleled opportunity to grow our corporate and foundation fundraising portfolio. We seek someone who is energized by meeting and talking to new people and who knows how to make every supporter feel important. Our ideal candidate will easily identify opportunities for connections everywhere and will enjoy stretching our network of institutional supporters ever wider.
The new corporate and foundation relations manager will provide thought leadership on expanding and implementing a highly productive program consistent with Immigration Equality’s vision. The person will be responsible for the creation and management of a well-coordinated, strategic development plan to cultivate and solicit support from foundations, corporations, and government sources. The right candidate will work to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relationships, and initiate new contacts within the corporate sector. They will also provide strategic direction and oversight of the foundation grants management process. Although this position reports to the development director, the individual will work extensively with the executive director
- Manage corporate and foundation relationships.
- Make “asks” of funding from institutional donors.
- Meet annual revenue goals.
- Set the vision, drive strategy and execution of the Corporate and Foundation Relations Program. Responsible for primary management of relationships with current corporate and foundation partners. There will also be an emphasis on identifying, cultivating, and securing funds from new donors.
- Formulate strategies and tactics and identify collateral tools to grow corporate and foundation revenue. Engage with staff within ImEq to identify new funding opportunities.
- Work as a joint partner with the Development Director on corporate solicitation and collaborate in the creation of effective long-term strategies for revenue growth.
- Develop and implement annual plans with monthly revenue goals, benchmarks, contingency plans, effective timelines and stakeholders across ImEq.
- Coordinate all ImEq grant/foundation management, to include prospect research, RFP reviews and submissions, proposal development, deadline management, reporting requirements and communication/stewardship opportunities with Executive Director, Legal Director, and Director of Development.
- Initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
- Generate significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years’ experience in corporate and foundation relations/business development or related experience required.
- Budgeting and financial management experience required.
- Three years of proven effective grant writing experience required and success in obtaining grants.
- Understanding of how to navigate corporate culture to build stronger relationships and secure funding.
- Collaborative individual who motivates, sets objectives, and maintains an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes creativity and professional growth.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Highly organized and exceptional attention to detail and to deadlines.
- Professional presence and the ability to represent the mission externally to build donor relationships.
- Strong time management, planning and budgeting skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Salesforce a plus.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Calm under pressure – able to juggle multiple priorities, detail-oriented, and decisive
- Generative and creative – excited and unafraid to tell the complex stories of queer and trans immigrants and be excited to make asks of corporations and foundations
- Able to project a sense of urgency – takes initiative and hustles when required
- Flexible, nimble, and resilient – able to shift strategy while maintaining focus on end goal
- Curious and a great listener – our clients are our top priority, and we always strive to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere for them
Immigration Equality is an equal opportunity employer: immigrants, transgender people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Immigration Equality is a progressive organization with an open office plan. Applicants are expected to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment.
Immigration Equality is a mission-driven organization full of smart, dedicated people. If you want to work at the cutting edge of the two most potent issues of our time, and do it with terrific colleagues in a fast-paced, nimble organization that seeks results, this is the place for you.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including full health insurance coverage, dental and vision, 401(k) plan, long-term disability insurance, and four weeks of vacation annually.
Send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to jobs (at) immigrationequality (dot) org.
Please include “Corporation and Foundation Relations Manager” in the subject line of your email.