Immigration Equality | Action Fund
Founded in 1994, Immigration Equality fights for equality and justice for LGBT and HIV-positive immigrants. From our inception, we have had a dual focus on direct representation and policy advocacy. Every day, we speak to clients who need help right now. At the same time, we strive for systemic change to improve the way LGBT and HIV-positive immigrants are treated in the United States. Last year, we gave legal advice to more than 5,000 people and directly represented 500 individuals through our pro bono asylum and deportation defense program. We are proudly committed to this lifesaving mission, and there is still a great deal of work left to do.
The Technology and Database Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Immigration Equality technology environment including our customized Salesforce database.
This full time position reports to the Operations Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as first line of service for technical questions
- Manage and respond to desktop support requests
- Setup workstations and accounts for new employees
- Manage relationships with technology vendors the including infrastructure, phone and copier vendors
- Work with stakeholders to organize and maintain the organization of the cloud file server (Dropbox)
- Maintain and troubleshoot office network, including firewall, VPN, and wireless network
- Manage website back-end (hosting, domain management, VPS, CMS functionality)
- Orient and instruct new employees and interns on technology tools
- Manage hosted Exchange and PBX
- Additional technology and administrative tasks as needed
- Create and implement policies and procedures for all database functions in collaboration with Operations Director and other stakeholders
- Maintain and oversee quality controls
- Develop and maintain training materials and train staff on optimal way to use database
- Perform data imports and exports to and from different databases
- Help with various report needs including managing financial reporting processes
- Work with various stakeholders to customize and optimize the database for their needs
- Manage data and serve as resource for all staff in gathering, reporting, and analyzing data
- Create dashboards and other data visualizations
- Build and maintain forms for donations, client inquiries, constituent surveys, and other purposes
- Develop database processes and workflows to streamline data entry and increase efficiency
- College degree preferred not required
- Expert in MS Office software, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce
- Understanding of databases and experience with system customization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others at all levels
- Extremely organized, attentive, detail-oriented
- Active and quick learner and patient listener
- A willingness to perform administrative tasks with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Immigration Equality is an affirmative action employer: immigrants, transgender people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Immigration Equality is a progressive organization committed to an open plan office. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment.
Immigration Equality is a mission-driven organization full of smart, dedicated people. If you want to work at the cutting edge of the two most potent civil rights issues of our time, and do it with terrific colleagues in a fast-paced, nimble organization that seeks results, this is the place for you.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including full health insurance coverage, dental and vision, 403(b) plan, long-term disability insurance, and four weeks of vacation annually.
To apply: Submit a detailed cover letter and resume with Technology Manager in the subject line to email@example.com
No phone calls.