Founded in 1994, Immigration Equality is the nation’s leading LGBTQ immigrant rights organization. Every day, we fight for those fleeing persecution due to their sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status. We reunite immigrant families, make sure those living with HIV have access to the resources they need, and work to make lasting changes to the immigration system.
Immigration Equality provides direct legal services through our award winning Pro Bono Asylum Program, reunites families, and fights for changes to U.S. immigration system. Through education, outreach, advocacy, and the maintenance of a nationwide network of resources, we provide information and support to advocates, attorneys, politicians and those who are threatened by persecution or the discriminatory impact of the law. We have won legal immigration status for more than 950 immigrants to date while maintaining a remarkable 99% success rate.
We are seeking a Digital Engagement Associate to work in our National Headquarters in NYC. Working closely with the Public Affairs Director, the Digital Engagement Associate will lead on a variety of projects. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Curating and creating multi-platform content
- Managing social media and digital community engagement
- Writing in a variety of styles for a variety of media, including client stories, policy summaries, and news updates for one-pagers, email, website, social media, etc.
- Planning and executing digital advocacy campaigns
- Maintaining the organization’s website
- Planning and executing video projects
- Managing MailChimp campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
Given that the role has a broad set of responsibilities, we are open to training the right candidate in the areas where they need additional development. Below are some of the skills that would be useful in the role, while realizing that one person will not necessarily come in with all of these skills:
- 1 to 3 years of experience working with digital media, content management, and related tools
- Possess strong communication, organization, and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writing and editing background
- Experience with web content management systems
- Fluency with social media platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of WordPress, CSS, HTML, and Adobe preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to winning social justice for LGBTQ and HIV-positive immigrants
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish, Russian, and French) desirable but not mandatory
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience working with clients a plus
Immigration Equality is an equal opportunity employer: immigrants, people of color, and transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Immigration Equality is a progressive organization with an open plan office. Applicants are expected to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment. We are a mission-driven organization full of smart, dedicated people. If you want to work at the cutting edge of the most potent human rights issues of our time, and do it with terrific colleagues in a fast-paced, nimble organization that seeks lasting results, this is the place for you.
Send a compelling cover letter, chronological resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com with Digital Engagement Associate in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls.
Excellent benefits provided, including full health insurance coverage, dental and vision, 403(b) plan, long-term disability insurance, and four weeks of vacation per year.